Did you know you can cut felt with your Sizzix Big Shot using Spellbinders Nestabilities die set?! You can! I am making a ton of newborn headbands for gifts using these two items and beautiful flowers I have been hoarding in my craft room. Baby gifts have never been easier!
Let’s get started.
1. Using your Sizzix Big Shot ( or other manual Die Cutting Machine), cut 2 circles of felt using Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles.
2. Cut your elastic to newborn head circumference, about 35cm-36cm (average newborn).
3. Glue both ends of elastic onto felt, place second circle over glue area.
4. Proceed to place your ribbon, feather, or boa. Start outside and work the material in a circle towards the middle.
5. Place decorative flower.
6. Top it off with gem or button.
You can use anything to decorate these headband, all of my supplies were in my craft room. Here is a short, step-by-step video of how I made the purple headband in the picture above.
Items needed for this project:
Sizzix Big Shot
Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles
Want 2 Scrap Nestabilities Bling
Craft or fabric glue
I hope you enjoyed this fun and easy craft.
Thanks and Happy Scrappin’